Quantity should never compromise quality. The Moccamaster batch brew is the ideal option for making up to 10 cups of premium filter coffee at a time. Handmade in the heart of the Netherlands, the Moccamaster is recognised as the finest filter coffee system in the world. Carefully designed and built to last – it makes a perfect brew, every time.
What you’ll need
- Moccamaster machine
- Medium-fine ground Vibe coffee
- Cold filtered water
- Your best friends
- Rinse the paper and basket with hot water, removing any paper taste and warming the basket and carafe). Fold the paper and place in the basket.
- Grind 80g of coffee (use a finer grind) and add to the basket.
- Add 1.25L of room-temperature (or cold) water to the reservoir (the heating system works best with water at cooler temps).
- Set the filter basket to closed .
- Ensure your clean coffee pot is in position so the brewer will function and drain properly.
- Flick the brewer on. After a few secs, hot water should start to gently pour over the bed of coffee.
- Once the filter basket is half-full of water – give it a little stir, so the grounds are evenly saturated and mixed in (be careful not to rip the filter paper).
- The Moccamaster will continue dispensing water over the coffee until the water reservoir is empty. Once all water has dispensed, it’ll automatically stop brewing.
- Begin your coffee celebration.
Vibe Tip: Grind is key. If the brew water is running up and over the filter paper then you need a coarser grind next time. You’ll want to grind slightly more finely than you would for manual pour-over techniques like the V60 or Chemex. Simply test and taste to find your perfect particle size.